Microsoft six data privacy principals
- Control: Putting you, the customer, in control of your privacy with easy-to-use tools and clear choices.
- Transparency: Being transparent about data collection and use so that everyone can make informed decisions.
- Security: Protecting the data that’s entrusted to Microsoft by using strong security and encryption.
- Strong legal protections: Respecting local privacy laws and fighting for legal protection of privacy as a fundamental human right.
- No content-based targeting: Not using email, chat, files, or other personal content to target advertising.
- Benefits to you: When Microsoft does collect data, it’s used to benefit you, the customer, and to make your experiences better.
Source: Describe Microsoft’s privacy principles – Learn | Microsoft Docs