Scanner usage logging in the Windows event log
The unified labeling scanner now logs user activity to the local Windows event log.
For more information, see Usage logging for the Azure Information Protection scanner.
Scanner diagnostics tool improvements
With the upgrade to version 188.8.131.52, running the Start-AIPScannerDiagnostics cmdlet with the Verbose parameter prints the last 10 errors from the scanner log.
To print more or fewer errors, use the new VerboseErrorCount parameter to define the number of errors you want to print.
For more information, see Troubleshooting using the scanner diagnostic tool.
Improved scanner details output
The unified labeling on-premises scanner has improved outputs for the following cmdlets:
|Get-AIPScannerStatus||Previously, running the Get-AIPScannerStatus command provided only high-level details of the scanner cluster status, without details per node in your cluster.|
Now, you can use the NodesInfo variable and the Verbose parameter to drill down into additional levels of detail for each node.
For more information, see the Verify scanning details per scanner node and repository.
|Get-AIPScannerConfiguration||Running the Get-AIPScannerConfiguration now provides details about the current scanner configuration in addition to the online configuration settings.|
Updates for the scanner’s supported information types
Beginning with version 184.108.40.206, the following sensitive information types are not scanned by the unified labeling scanner.
If you have sensitivity labels that use these sensitive information types, we recommend that you remove them.
- EU Phone Number
- EU GPS Coordinates
Fixes and improvements
The following fixes were delivered in version 220.127.116.11 of the Azure Information Protection unified labeling client and scanner:
- Improvements in loading time for the AIP add-in in Office apps.
- Fixed issues in Outlook where protection wasn’t removed when the label was removed, in some edge cases.
- The PowerPointRemoveAllShapesByShapeName advanced setting no longer requires that you also define the ExternalContentMarkingToRemove setting. Now you can define the PowerPointRemoveAllShapesByShapeName advanced setting on its own.
- Fixed an issue where an empty option would appear on customized Outlook popup messages when only two options for the user to select were configured for the popup message.
- Fixed issues for opening protected .jt files in the AIP Viewer app.
- Size limits for protecting files using the File Explorer and PowerShell are now updated.
- Fixed issues in parsing sensitivity label policies.