In this Blogpost you will find the summary of the Security and Compliance News of Ignite 2021.
Ignite Book of News
Cloud Skill Challenge 2021
In General Annoucements
Today’s announcements continue, and strengthen, our commitment to deliver best of breed protection, detection, and response for all clouds and all platforms:
- Azure Sentinel now seamlessly integrates with Microsoft 365 Defender with shared incidents, schema, and user experiences to simplify investigations.
- Endpoint and Office 365 defender capabilities are now integrated into the Microsoft 365 Defender portal.
- The new Threat Analytics experience within the Microsoft 365 Defender portal provides a set of reports from expert Microsoft security researchers that help you understand, prevent, and mitigate active threats, like the Solorigate attacks.
- We’re bringing Secured-core to Windows Server and edge devices to help minimize risk from firmware vulnerabilities and advanced malware in IoT and hybrid cloud environments.
New ways Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) can help your customers on their Zero Trust journeys:
- Passwordless authentication is now generally available for cloud and hybrid environments.
- Azure AD Conditional Access now uses authentication context to enforce even more granular policies based on user actions within the apps they’re using or sensitivity of data they’re trying to access.
- Azure AD verifiable credentials is entering public preview in just a few weeks. Verifiable credentials allow organizations to confirm information without collecting or storing personal data, improving security and privacy.
Microsoft has four new security, compliance, and identity certifications tailored to your roles and needs, regardless of where you are in your skill-building journey.
- Security, Compliance, and Identity Fundamentals certification will help individuals get familiar with the fundamentals of security, compliance, and identity across cloud-based and related Microsoft services.
- Information Protection Administrator Associate certification focuses on planning and implementing controls that meet organizational compliance needs.
- Security Operations Analyst Associate certification helps security operational professionals design threat protection and response systems.
- Identity and Access Administrator Associate certification helps individuals design, implement, and operate an organization’s identity and access management systems by using Azure Active Directory.
- Co-authoring of Microsoft Information Protection-protected documents is now available in public preview.
- Microsoft 365 data loss prevention is now available in preview for Chrome browsers and for on-premises file shares and SharePoint Server.
- Microsoft Azure Purview provides new cross-platform support and deeper insight.
- Microsoft 365 Insider Risk Management Analytics available in public preview.
- New assessment templates and enhanced capabilities in Compliance Manager to increase regulation visibility, further enrich the user experience, and save customers valuable time.
- Public preview of new capabilities in Communication Compliance adds more intelligence, visibility, and reporting so customers can detect regulatory compliance and code of conduct violations within their organizations’ communications, while maintaining user privacy.
- Learn more about the top five steps to get started with Advanced Audit to support forensic investigations when a data breach is suspected.
- The Microsoft Intelligent Security Association (MISA) has been expanded to include compliance partners to enable greater scale and customization.
- Announcing co-authoring on Microsoft Information Protection-encrypted documents and labeling updates
- Announcing the Public Preview of features in Microsoft Information Protection unified analytics
- Announcing new Microsoft Information Protection capabilities to know and protect your data
Unified Data Loss Prevention
Securing and governing
Microsoft Compliance Manager
Microsoft Teams Security and Compliance News
New security, privacy, and compliance features in Microsoft Teams enable safe and trustworthy online communication and collaboration
- To help our commercial and educational customers host online meetings safely, Microsoft Teams will offer Invite-only meetings – enabling meeting organizers to ensure that only intended participants join a meeting.
- The Disable video feature helps protect meetings from potential disruptions by enabling the meeting organizer or educator to disable or enable individual or all meeting attendees’ videos. This feature is becoming available to customers later this year.
- To further support our customers’ security and compliance requirements and help protect confidentiality of highly sensitive online conversations, Teams will support end-to-end encryption for organizations. End-to-end encryption for Teams one-to-one calls will be available to commercial customers in preview later this spring.
- Teams multi-geo support will become generally available to customers later this spring.
- Similar to the multi-geo capabilities already available to customers with Exchange Online and SharePoint Online, Teams multi-geo support will enable multi-national organizations to have greater control over the location of specific data centers where their Teams data is stored, down to the team and user level.
source of the News: Microsoft 365 & Security for Partners